Applications – Medium Turbines
SWCC is accepting Notices of Intent to Submit an Application, the first step in pursuing SWCC Wind Turbine Certification.
SWCC certification applications may be submitted only by the holder of all ownership rights in and to the wind turbine (Manufacturer), or the manufacturer’s authorized designee. If the Applicant is an authorized designee, the designee must submit written proof of authorization to seek SWCC certification from the Manufacturer. SWCC will have the sole and exclusive right to determine whether such a designee is properly authorized to seek SWCC certification.
Turbines eligible for SWCC Certification must meet the size and type requirements defined in the IEC Standard. For the medium wind program, eligible wind turbines are currently defined as newly manufactured, electricity-producing wind turbines with a swept area greater than 200 m2.
Applicants may submit one (1) application for multiple configurations of the same turbine type, provided that the wind turbines are similar in design and other significant characteristics. In this regard, SWCC will make every reasonable effort to consolidate the testing requirements applicable under this Policy, based on SWCC’s review of the information contained in an Applicant’s Notice of Intent to Submit an Application. However, each wind turbine configuration will be issued a separate certification, provided all certification eligibility requirements are met.
How to Apply
Please follow these steps to begin the process:
- Download and read the SWCC Certification Policy.
- Download and complete an SWCC Notice of Intent Form (best to be completed as early as possible, BEFORE testing begins).
- Download the SWCC Configuration Description Form to A separate CD form is required for each turbine configuration seeking certification.
- Email the completed forms and all supporting turbine documentation to [email protected].
- Mail a hard copy of the Notice of Intent form, any non-electronic supporting turbine documentation, and the Preliminary Review Fee to the address below.
Small Wind Certification Council
56 Clifton Country Road, Suite 202
Clifton Park, NY 12065
For additional steps in the Application Process, see Annex C of the SWCC Certification Policy.